It was my last day in Provo yesterday. BUT it was a good one!
Marie woke me up before she left at 5:30am so we could say goodbye to each other and then I went back to sleep and I forced myself to sleep as long as I could. When I got up I showered and dressed then called Brittany to see when she was coming. She had just left so it would be half and hour till she got there. In the meantime I did my favorite passtime; I jammed.
When Brittany arrived we played for each other our new songs and discoveries over the break then packed my stuff in her car and headed out. We were meeting up with her sister at 4 so we had to come up with something to do. I told about wanting a tambourine so we decided to find a music store. Neither of us know Provo very well so that in itself was kind of an adventure. We ended up on that cute little mainish street (with all the parking down the middle) and as we were driving we saw a guitar store so we parked and checked it out. This was a cool little guitar store. We chatted it up with the owner and he told us all about his business, how he repairs the instruments, builds them, and when he needs a break he closes up shop and just takes off for a couple weeks going on photo shoots. He also told us how once in a while he teaches a guitar building class. I decided that's what I'll do when I want to get a full size guitar. I'll just build one! It's only $2600 for the class...
When we left the guitar shop we walked around that street wandering into any other stores we thought might be cool. We weren't very successful so we hopped back in the car and decided to go pick up our other roommate's sister. After we picked her up we kept looking for a music store and actually found one. AND YES! We actually found a tambourine! It's old school style with the drum head and everything. I decided that I will get a hand drum after I master my tambourine skills. An old man ran the music store and it took him twenty minutes to get my change. Haha! Poor old fellow. By then it was time to meet up with Brittany's sister so we went to her dorm, then we all drove to Noodles for dinner. After dinner all the Provo kids went home and Brittany and I went to Ikea. We got some fun things for our apartment and then she drove me up to SLC and dropped me off at Katie's. I hung out with her and I was suppose to hang out with Kyle but that didn't work out so I just went to bed at a decent hour. This morning I got up early with Katie and we had breakfast together before she left to school and now I leave in half an hour on my shuttle up to Rexburg. It's been such a joy here in Utah!
1 comment:
congrats on the tambourine!! happy shuttling.
Post a Comment