Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Barricades

I've taken the key and locked myself away
Never letting anybody even pass through the gate
And there's no way I can stay in this place
Pretending that I am okay

I don't know why I always try to hide
Covering myself with a disguise
But to my surprise if I open my eyes
There's a world waiting outside

So I must try
Uncover everything I've tucked away inside
I must be bold
Step out of my comfort zone
Cause now is the time I must step to the line
Bulldoze my own barricade

Sneaking a peak through a hole in my cold
Looking at everything around
I know if I climb down I'll parade through town
Turning my frown upside down

So I must try
Uncover everything I've tucked away inside
I must be bold
Step out of my comfort zone
Cause now is the time I must step to the line
Bulldoze my own barricade

After spending some time wandering
My cloud finally disappeared from me
And now I can see I am finally free
Breaking through my misery

So I must try
Uncover everything I've tucked away inside
I must be bold
Step out of my comfort zone
Cause now is the time I must step to the line
Bulldoze my own barricade

And now I can see I am finally free
Breaking through my misery

No comments: