Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Bones

I wrote this in the beginning of last semester with my friend Tammy (aka Little Mountain Bear). This last weekend my roomies and I added a little more depth to it AND we rocked it at Music Outlet!

Brittany-violin
Me-guitar and vocals
Melanie-Beads and vocals
Mabecka-Tambourine and sticks

I place a stone at the head of your grave
And pray in my heart that is where you'll remain
Your banterings grow weak as I lay you to sleep
Wishing for silence my soul longs for peace

Skeletons whisper, shadows are cast
I try to bury the bones of my past

I hear your steps as I move along this trail
Although I want to run I know I'd only fail
Fear grips hold and my heart beats so fast
As I turn to face you I know that I'm trapped

Skeletons whisper, shadows are cast
I try to bury the bones of my past

You know my thoughts and you know where I've been
I want to escape but I only can pretend
You haunt me and you beat me like a drum
Your voice echoes but I carry on

-violin solo-

I open up my eyes and see dirt above my head
What I realize then fills my soul with dread
There is no need to maneuver with stealth
When you're only running away from yourself

Skeletons whisper, shadows are cast
I try to bury the bones of my past

1 comment:

Nancy said...

woohoo Laura!!! You rock!