I had to give a presentation today in my Design Basics class. We were given the assignment to find two objects with the same function, one of good design and the other bad. Naturally I put it off until last night when I realized I still hadn't found anything. It was late already so I wandered around the apartment trying to find matches. I found it mostly difficult in figuring out what was bad design. What can I say? I only buy good design. :) After doing that for a few minutes I gave up and went to bed. As I tried to fall asleep I went through possibilities in my head. Right as I was about to drift off to sleep I thought of my chopsticks.
In the morning after I got ready for my classes I grabbed my chopsticks, nodded to myself in approval, and sat down to eat breakfast. While eating I jotted down the good qualities of one pair, and the poor qualities of the other. By then I needed to head out so I wouldn't be late for my classes. I only have two classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays. My first class is a drawing class and I had to spend most of my energy keeping my eyes open. Plus, whenever I tried to think of what I would say in my presentation my mind went blank and I quickly moved on to another subject. During my Design class I watched and listened carefully to everyone present their objects. I was impressed. People came up with great examples. I then felt kind of ridiculous for picking such a random object.
Oh, look at the time. There's only two of us left to present. I let the other girl go first. When it was my turn I tried to speak clearly, slowly and intelligently. I used the points I had written down and if anything additional came to mind, I used that also. It was a short presentation, but as I was returning to my seat my professor asked me how I came to be such a connoisseur of chopsticks. HA! Connoisseur!
Obviously my presentation was successful and fortunately we ran out of time so I didn't have to be critiqued.
4 comments:
This is a great thing for which to be famous!!
but what did you say about chopsticks? what were the differences in your pairs that made one better than the other?? pray tell!!!!!
the suspense is killing me!!
Well, I just talked about the shapes, finishes, color, just anything anybody would say about chopsticks.
Post a Comment