Saturday, May 22, 2010

More Poems

"Charmed," he says, "No really, I am."
Forced through coughs of raucous flem.
She smiles kid-like, a funktified goat.
She can't see the sarcasm dripping onto his coat.

"The pleasure's all mine." She holds out her hand
Five tints whiter than the rest of her tan.
He pats it brutally, staring at the floor.
His mind's all up in flames 'bout the girl next door.

"We should do this again!" He exclaims with a wink
And onto his stallion he frolicks and leaps.
She twitters and croons as she falls to his feet.
It's too much to handle with all this heat.




Is anybody listening to the man in the front?
Eyes half closed, heads nod, jerk, drop.
I'll tell you what, I'm most certainly not.
I'm watching the still crowd wave and dance;
When I look right at them it's just a twitch of the hand.
Bet you wish you could see it. Here's what you do:
Find a face and stare.
Focus, focus, keep focusing.
Now your eyes will water and your eyes will burn
And as that face starts to glow the rest become a blur.
In that blur you'll see the waving dance
But don't looks at them cause you'll break the trance.
If it's not working then you're doing it wrong.
Perhaps you're not high enough or your focus isn't strong.
But whatever, it doesn't matter.
You listen to the man in the front
And tell me later what it is that he wants.




Twist and wind
Turn and spin
Release the disc
With all your might

Small and large
Big and thin
If you throw it right
It will go far

So twist and wind
Turn and Spin
And release that disc
With all your might


No comments: