Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Don't take the elevator in the Ricks.

I have a linear perspective drawing due this morning but being myself I procrastinated, of course. Yesterday my roommate, Becky, and I (we are both in the same drawing class) wandered all over campus to find a lovely space to draw. We started at the base of campus, near our apartment, and worked our way towards the top of campus, the Ricks building. The weather has finally warmed up (it's in the mid 70s... yeah!) so when we hiked our way to the tippy top of campus we were exhausted and I suggested taking the elevator. We got in the elevator but some motion caught my eye I glanced up and jumped. The top of the elevator was a mirror and so I saw our reflections and it startled me. With a scared/disgusted look on my face I nudged Becky and pointed up. She glanced up and let out a fully genuine bloody murder scream. Well, it was actually more of a scream/yell. Haha! Our reflections seriously looked like people hanging upside down from their feet above us, but the fact that it caught her even more so by surprise... she claims it was because of my reaction and then when she looked up there were people up there and she didn't expect that. So for the next fifteen to twenty minutes we were dieing of laughter. I literally came close to peeing my pants.
...I just feel a bit bad for the classes that were in session with their doors open.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Saturday we were in the elevator at Macy's and Humberto just kept looking up. I looked up and had to laugh; there were our reflections, and I remembered this blog :)