So today at church after sacrament meeting I went up to him and introduced myself and we chatted for a bit. He totally remembers eating dinner at my house with Mum, he asked about Chris (cause the time he was there he was diagnosed) and told me his connection with Lindsey. (Lindsey served in his home area and his Dad was her mission president.) Crazy!!
Then he asked if I am going to be around in the fall and got my number. ;)
Later I was telling Becky about it and she totally remembers him. Crazy, crazy, crazy! I just can't get over what a small world it is! I wrote a poem during Relief Society that kind of relates. ... sort of.
When a poet holds a pen in her hand
Anxiously poised over a bare, clean page
She waits as the words bombard her mind
Selecting only those that fit together
The fit like puzzle pieces
One next to the other
Linking together
Holding each other
Creating a picture together
Being one like the other
Together
Sitting on a bench watching strangers stroll by
Curiously following with my steady gaze
Each hides their very own story
Stories that weave and wind together
They wind like freeways
Connecting each other
Intertwining together
Passing each other
Strengthening together
Connecting each other
Together
Together
Together
Together
3 comments:
fyi. Sacrament meeting is last so I wrote the poem before it all went down.
fun story. nice poem. I often ponder the wonder of everyone having a life story like a thread and how we all weave in, out or past each other's.
how come google makes me sign in all the time now, and I can't choose to get followup comments unless I leave a 2nd comment??
Post a Comment