Monday, July 19, 2010

Bahahaha!

I finished recording my music this evening.
Singing is harder than I ever thought it would. My friend helping with the recordings told me that I'm the fastest person he's ever recorded BUT still...it was difficult. I felt awkward with a slight delay in hearing myself and I'm not playing my guitar at the same time so the rhythm in my head sometimes didn't match up with the rhythm of when I actually played it. I had an especially hard time with two songs. One song I just couldn't figure out how I was counting when I played it and the second song I think I forgot to hold one note long enough so I was driving myself crazy trying to fit an extra three or four syllables in a space that only allotted three. I ended up leaving a few words out ... we'll see if anybody can notice.
SO the funny thing that happened...I actually embarrassed myself completely. Oh man, I feel all awkward just thinking about it.
Ok, so when I sing I think I swallow a lot of air. I have a difficult time breathing anyway trying to get as much out as I can and all that maybe I swallow the air as I'm gulping it in between breathes. Who knows. So after my second song or so, I had an air bubble in my throat and naturally I burped it out. Haha! That's a very normal thing for me to do when I'm in a room by myself. ... But I forgot that technically I wasn't by myself. I was in a room with a microphone that can pick up everything. I'm pretty sure he had to have heard it but he acted like he didn't. ...or maybe it's just a normal thing. Who knows! But once I realized the extremity of what I did I was completely embarrassed and amused at the same time. After a minute I had to tell myself to get a grip and be cool. Then I forgot about it for a while. Just for a while.
Towards the end of the recording session my stomach started growling like crazy. Only in between takes, thank goodness. :)
I need to get control over myself.

FYI- I recorded seven songs in two hours. Not bad, eh? And I will get my cd on Friday and when I'm in Boston I'm going to make a Facebook page. So nerdy! BUT that's how you all can listen to my songs. Hooray!

2 comments:

yours truly said...

haha- nice story. I used to never be able to burp even if I drank 3 cans of soda and tried really hard, but nowadays I am like you and just too comfortable in my own home and rude as heck. It's kind of a problem...

eebs said...

we can burp it up in august! yee!