Saturday, June 6, 2009

I'm at rock star!

At Rexburg's farmer's market. :)

This Monday at Music Outlet a sign-up sheet went around to play at the farmer's market. Mabecka said something that made me sign up and then I completely forgot about it. Thursday while I was working on a drafting assignment at school I got a phone call from the guy in charge of the music asking if I could play on Saturday at 11 for about 15 minutes. Knowing I couldn't back out, I said Of course! After that I got really, really nervous and was thinking WHAT did I get myself into??? So I asked my friend Katelyn if she would come up with some harmonies. We didn't have enough time to practice so she only came up with something for one song. This morning we arrived at the farmer's market and I was really kind embarrased and regreting I came and signed up. But after getting off to a rocky start I played and actually had a lot of fun. It was kind of weird because I felt like I was singing to a group of people who weren't listening or looking or anything BUT my friends told I sounded great. Meaning I was on key, playing the chords clearly, and loud. I also have a new number one fan. :) There was a toddler there who came running up almost on the platform that I was standing on, would shake and clap a little with his balloon octopus that was practically the same size as him and then run back to his peeps, and then come running back again. It made me smile. But I couldn't laugh because I was playing. After my part of the show the guy in charge thanked me and told me that they would love to have me come back. (They play every other weekend.) Which I think I will. Another guy came up and asked if I wrote my songs and we chatted a bit. Pretty much I want a band and I want to start recording some songs.

AND I have a bruise on my butt. I don't know where it came from.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't you technically be more of a folk star? (since your music isn't exactly "rock") Anyways, it's still pretty awesome!