Saturday, May 30, 2009

Hide and Seek...?

Yesterday Mabecka and I were lingerie shopping down in Idaho Falls (not for ourselves, sillys! For her sister's bridal shower!) when we recieved a call from our friend, Seth. He asked us if we wanted to go play Hide and Seek at the Civil Defense Caves. Who's going to pass down an offer like that? Of course we went!
The night got off to a rather rough start. The meeting place kept changing and we had to wait for almost an hour in the parking lot while these girls ...took forever! Finally we were off BUT our leaders pretty much had no idea where we were going and took us down this random dirt (really it was sand because it's near the sand dunes) road. When we reached the end of the road we had a pow wow and picked a new leader who actually knew where he was going. As we were turning around Seth popped a tire on his car. So we drove all the back to the main road then changed it. Seth lead everyone to the real turn off for the caves where we got out of his car and got into other cars so he wouldn't have to drive on this dirt road with a donut on. After bumpin' along for a bit we finally got to the caves. By now I was wishing I hadn't come or that the flat tire had deterred everybody but alas we were slowly hiking into the cave slowly making our way to the 'Big Room.' Once there we all pulled out our glow sticks, cut them in half, and started splattering them all over the place (including ourselves). The only bad part about this was that I splattered some in my eye and it stung like none other. When that was through we all turned off our lights and played hide and seek. It was awesome! Everyone blended in perfectly with the rocks and the whole situation was quite trippy. I don't really know how to explain it except that it look like a clear night sky full of millions of stars. I absolutely loved it and we had a great time!
Of course that's not the all of it. When we were finished splattering, everybody was determining who was going to be it first. I was just standing on a rock minding my own business when I lost my balance and slipped between two rocks. I thought I had ripped my leg open. It hurt so bad. I just sat there for a few minutes because I couldn't walk on it. And then the person who was it started counting so I just curled up in a little ball where I was sitting. The next round was better. I found an awesome little slot that I slid into and blended perfectly in. Practically everybody was found so they were yelling marco and I responded polo. Mabecka heard me so she was coming after me. Next time they yelled marco I changed my voice and then they were really close so I quit responding to there calls. I could hear them just above me and then Mabecka started walking past me. I couldn't help it anymore so I reached out and grabbed her ankle while yelling polo. It was awesome! ... I don't know is she really thought so. So the next round I wanted to find another good spot but then I decided to just lay on the ground. I found a spot next to a taller rock hoping that would deter people from stepping where I was laying. Haha! Some guy was walking near me and I heard him walk past me. I thought to myself phew! But no, he decided to come back and he stepped right on my stomach! Hahahahaha! I started laughing so hard. He said it was the squishiest rock he had ever stepped on. Bahahahaha! That was my favorite thing about the night. Last story. Mabecka and I decided to hide together so we found a place that was kind of large enough. She slid right into and then I kind of slid into her. I went to put my head down and I smacked it on a rock. Yes I do have a swollen, bruised eye today. It's kind of funny cause I can't open it up all the way. So there we have it. I'm pretty sure I got beat up the most, but it was worth it because I had a blast. I'm definitely going again!

4 comments:

yours truly said...

hahahahhaaa you squashy rock with a bum eye!

Anonymous said...

You, my friend, are pretty hardcore.

Nancy said...

funny you didn't mention this today :0 sounds great! How about a pic of that eye?

Amadea said...

Oh, it's too late. The swelling has gone down already so there's just a scab and a bruise. A light bruise so it looks like I put too much eye shadow on. :)