Sunday, May 18, 2008
GUSARAURUS
I was playing my gee-tar this evening (taking a break from drawing). It helps to step away from the pencil sometimes ... Anyway, I was trying to record my newest song that I just finished this weekend. I'm trying to use a new strumming method on it and I kept messing up big time and then my camera ran out of memory space. Finally I gave up and decided I would just record it using my classic strumming method. (If you don't know what I'm talking about then listen to all of my songs and you'll realize what I mean.) I started recording it that way and I decided that something sounded funny. It was definitely off. Instead of making the usual sound it was way deep and vibrated a lot. Hmm ... Once again my memory card ran out of space in the middle of my song so I deleted a bunch of junk and then I also decided to re-tune Gus (even though I just did a couple days ago) since he was sounding a bit odd. I borrowed my roomies tuner and I that's when I realized my string was broken. No matter how much I twisted the knob, the string wouldn't get tighter. And that's when I wanted to start crying. I don't know what to do. I'll ask my musician friends and there's a music store in town but it's going to take me a while to get him fixed and that means no playing. ... Well, I can play on my roommates' but they are full size and it's kind of awkward for my fingers. *sigh* I don't care, as long as I CAN get that string fixed. It would be the end of the world if he was unfixable. Now I'm just being dramatic and avoiding going back to drawing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
dude, did you know eebs calls it a gee-tard? whoa. that's all I can say. whoa.
(I'm sure you can get the string fixed. people break strings all the time and fix them.)
I know... the question is can I fix it? (emphasis on I) And I just broke the string completely. Oh well, I called a friend of mine and he said he'd come over tomorrow after school and help me out. :o)
Post a Comment