Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Let It Be

Back in October I went down to Provo to wish my beloved Einhorn a happy birthday. While down there I stayed with a former roommate, THE awesome Bo-Brittany! IT was a glorious visit. We jammed all morning while eating an alternate magical syrup on pancakes (yum!), spent the afternoon at the laundromat, and she joined me in wishing Eebs a happy birthday with our music.
F to the Y to the I, Brittany inspired me to learn the guitar and write music. She taught me my first chords. ;)
SO while jamming, she played for me some of her songs that she's written over the past couple years that I haven't seen her and some covers that she's done. Her covers are ridiculous. They are unique and cool. Making the song her own, but staying true to the original artist. She inspired me and when I came home I came up with a cover to Let It Be (by the Beatles, of course).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw0WkDkfz3k

On a completely different note, in my Historical Architecture and Furniture class, we were put into groups and given time periods in which we have to decorate these windows. They are little display windows in the hallway in the Interior Design department on campus. My group, being the over-acheiving psychos they are (just kidding, but slightly seriously) volunteered to be one of the groups that goes first. We also chose Ancient Greece as our time period. So this morning before class we brainstormed different ideas... they were alright. I had to go to work so I left it up to my other group members to talk to our professor and get an ok for one of our designs. While at work I decided to do a little more research just to make sure our ideas were up to par. I looked up some Ancient Greek vases and immediately came up with an awesome idea. I emailed them my thoughts and when I got back to the Clarke, I ran into my professor, talked to her about all our design options, then got the thumbs up for my vase idea.
So that's the one we're doing and I'm really, really excited. Just to add a little more excitement and suspense I'm not going to tell you what it is until we finish and I can put pictures up. It will be done before Thursday.
Mwahahaha!

1 comment:

eebs said...

einhorn !! ^^*******