Today was our first critique in my art class. I was pretty nervous because I wasn't sure how it would go down. The teacher had mentioned something about group critiqueing a few days before so that's what I was expecting. ALSO, I procrastinated like no other so I was up until 2:30 the night before finishing up my lines. (The assignment was to portray line with emotion ... angry, content, lyrical, and dynamic.) I actually had a lot of fun making my lines. Sister Grover mentioned using multiple medias so I took that to heart and bombarded my room looking for what ever I could find that would make me some lines! Anyway, I was satisfied with what I did BUT I was also exhausted (class starts at 8 and I set my alarm for 5:30 so I could finish my drafting assignment).
I went to class this morning ... a little nervous and uncertain, but I looked good so I wasn't too self-concious. ;D What we ended up doing for critiques was as a group we would all lay out our angry lines, critique them, grade them, and then move on to the next line. After the group finished, Sister Grover came around and asked which member had the best, asked why, and laid them out. My group chose mine as the best. Hooray! And she LOVED my diverse use of medias! I was so happy. For the rest of the class time we were allowed to walk around and check out all the ones laid out on the desks and I just kept recieving compliments. The best part about it was that I wasn't expecting it al all, so it was just a pleasant surprise!
"The best kind of prize is a sur-prise!"
6 comments:
you should post pictures of your lines!
good thing you looked good. that's probably really why everyone chose your stuff and complimented you. ;P
That's awesome!
yes I would like to see these so called lines.
Hi im oli, read your blog now I want to see the lines too. When people are good they are good, and being the best out of a group that are trying for the same thing is quite an accomplishment so please share with us your greatness.
When I started to read, I thought we were going to hear some lines... hmmm... I'm all for seeing those lines :)
I turned them in, but when I get them back I'll put them on here.
Post a Comment