Monday, April 6, 2009

It turns out ...

I do recieve text messages while in Canada!

--Leslie and Eebs--
How and why did you get stuck in Charlotte? Please do tell!

--Becky--
Congratulations on your acceptance into BYU-Idaho! My world just got brighter.

--Colton--
Three cheers for crawling! Woot! Woot! Woot!

9 comments:

yours truly said...

we were on our way to dallas to visit a friend, but they cancelled our 2nd flight. we made it to dallas the next day and ate breakfast with dinosaurs and cardinals. It was a good trip. more to come on my blog.

Aaron said...

Be careful, though. Cell companies have a nasty habit of letting you do things, and then charging an arm and a leg for them without warning you...

Nancy said...

Aaron's right. There are charges
text rate while you're in Canada: $.50 each for texts you send, $.05 for each text received.

Amadea said...

Good to know, good to know. Those tricksters!
Question ... does it count as recieved when it pops up on your phone or when you open it?

yours truly said...

when you open it. so you can save them all til you cross the border then have a text fest!

Aaron said...

I'm pretty sure it counts as received the moment it gets to your phone, whether or not you read it. Really if you want to avoid charges, you have to turn your phone completely off, and leave it off until you're well inside the US again.

yours truly said...

well, a friend of mine did not subscribe to texting so she wouldn't open any that came to her and wasn't charged for them... not verizon, but I would imagine that would be the general policy.

Nancy said...

I wouldn't mind those 5 cent received... it takes a lot of those to add up... it's the 50 centers that add up quick.

Amadea said...

Hmm ... sweet. WEll, don't worry Mum. I have not and will not send any messages. Just recieve. :) But I've only recieved a few anyway. One week till I head back to school!