I only have one more week left in this windy hole until I get to go home to Redding (where I'm going to instantly melt)! Woot!
Unfortunately there is a slight draw-back to the excitement... besides packing and loads of homework and finals. I am driving to California with my friend, Tammy, but we are having an unexpected prior to Thursday delay in Provo. A week-long delay. I don't know what to do in Provo for a day. Leslie, do you have any ideas? You were there recently. I'm going to try to stay up in SLC for a couple days and go to the Family History Library to do research, but that's only fun for so long.
I played a song at our ward's closing social this last Thursday. I'm going to post that as soon as I get a copy of the video my friend took. Other than that, my life is really rather dull right now. No good stories unless you like hearing about charcoal drawings that stain my fingers, mat boards that I cut in the wrong sizes, thinking I'm clever by packing early which turns into disaster so I can't even make it into my room, filling a trash bag with stuff for D.I., hanging out by myself at home on a Saturday with the apartment entirely to myself (how did I get away with that?), and rolling down a grass hill at midnight but not being able to stop even when I reach the cement sidewalk at the bottom.
... Yeah, that's pretty much it.
7 comments:
ooh... ouch! working on ideas...
ouch nothing! Provo is a great place to be if you know the great places to go.
some ideas off the top of my mind:
*thriftshopping at the DI (or Savers in Orem)
*seven peaks water park
*hike the Y 20 times (short but hard enough to be fun--the first time, anyway)
*BYU Museum of Art
*Springville art museum (15 min. drive from Provo)
*Biking/hiking in provo canyon
*provo library (the kid's section has giant stuffed animals to hug)
*swing in the hammock in my backyard (1163 E 820 N)--I could warn my mom. no one else lives there right now
*tickle the tomatoe plants in my backyard (ditto to above)
*eat good food: Betos for gross/cheap mexican, cafe rio if you're that kind of a girl, lots of great sushi places down center street (the waiters at DeMae are pretty attractive)
*hang out at BYU:bowling, ski ball, dance dance revolution, bookstore wherein they sell candy, "science is fun!" activites in the eyering science center (including big dinosaur replica!), my favorite!!!!!: fish aquariums in the basement of the Widsoe building
*break into my house and play our old school nintendo--we have Metroid
that's all I can think of at the moment. have a good one.
ouch about rolling onto the cement, cedar chica. no need to get defensive. *P
did those help, Laura? that's the best I can do. (get someone else to comment for me on your blog.)
Haha! They are wonderful ideas... I will definitely use some of them.
And don't worry Cedar, after this next week Provo is going to become my favorite place and I will never worry about being bored there because I have THE most rockin' to-do list!
Thank you my beautiful Boston ladies.
you really should go to her house. there are probably guitars in the basement too.
I wish I had a car, then I would make it my goal to complete everything on her to-do list. Oh man, that would awesome.
borrow on of our bikes (hanging up on the backporch)
Post a Comment