Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Dreams, dreams, dreams ...

Last night before going to bed, Mum told me about the dream she had the night before. I think subconsciously I was jealous. I mean, I wish I had a dream about sending rock stars PB&J sandwiches, having those rock stars bring them to me after the concert so we could eat them together, being confused about my age and then being told by my daughter that I'm only 29 (and believing her, too)! If you listened to her tell that dream you'd be jealous also.
So last night my mind made a feeble attempt to try to be as cool as my mum. In my dream I was in Boston and I had to take a taxi to the airport, but instead of getting my own taxi I jumped in one with another man. He didn't say anything, so I don't think he minded. When we finally arrived the man paid all of the taxi fare except one dollar so I paid that. But as I was paying that, I chatted it up with the cab driver who was very nice. Finally I got out and I looked around and realized I wasn't at the airport. Instead, I was at a building that looked a lot like the Prudential Center (a mall in Boston). I walked down a hallway to the center part where there are many different halls you can go down and I looked up at the labels above each one and instead of naming what the real names are they were all labeled different amusement parks. I went towards the Disneyland one (except it wasn't really Disneyland, it was DisneyBoston or something like that). But underneath that heading was parenthesis that included the airport so I decided to go that way. I walked towards it and saw an entrance to the T (subway) and went downstairs. Once down there I noticed that instead of being a normal train, it was a bunch of boats (theme park style boats), I also noticed that everybody was wearing neon orange reflector bracelets ... I didn't have one so I didn't think I would be able to get on. But these guys sitting in the boat near me told me to get on. So I did! After a minute or so, the boats started going and it was like a crazy ride at the amusement park. Hard core twists, turns, loops, everything. Finally, it came to a stop and I got off. It was the end of the ride and the park. When I got off I was in a really tall cave and I asked an officer how I get to the airport and he told me I could get on the next train. As he finished saying that I heard a loud noise and I looked towards the one end of the cave and saw a giant green thing coming towards us. As it came to a stop right in front of me I decided it was a dinosaur. Pretty awesome. And what it did next was even better. It's side opened up into a door, I looked at the officer, he nodded and I got on just as the dinosaur took off again. The door closed and I was inside the cat/bus thing from Totoro. Seriously! As I sat there I pulled out my camera so I could take a picture to show Leslie! Cause I knew she would appreciate it! It was pretty amazing. And then I woke up.
But the cool part about the dream was the Totoro bus and that was really the whole reason I wanted to write about my dream. AND Mum has some pretty cool dreams.

2 comments:

yours truly said...

maybe mom should start a blog where she can write all her dreams.

Nancy said...

maybe... but probably not :)