I freak out when I try
To understand what's on your mind
And when I finally decide
I freak out
Cause I don't understand
Why you only pretend.
You pulled me in from the start
You wrote my name across your heart
And even when we're miles apart
You pull me in
You claim you'll always be true
But I don't know what to do
You send me chasing shadows
Running around in circles
We talk about our thoughts and dreams
We spend our nights catching moonbeams
But still you don't convince me
Finally I realize
You are the master of disguise
And when I look into your eyes
I realize
To you this was a game
But I won't be the same
You send me chasing shadows
Running around in circles
We talked about our thoughts and dreams
We spent our nights catching moonbeams
But now you don't convince me
And now my heart is set free
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Chasing Shadows
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
great song, Laura! such intense lyrics. you should learn that slappy strumming style. maybe next you should try writing a ballad. :)
superb!
Post a Comment