Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Work

I really, really like my new job. My coworkers are friendly and I enjoy smiling and greeting each of them as they come in the morning, go out and back in at lunch, and whenever they happen to chance through the lobby. During my first week at work, random people would come up and introduce themselves. Unfortunately I can only remember a few of those people. Others would smile and joke or chat with me as they passed through and I would try my hardest to figure what they name is, but it's hopeless. I still don't know. One person in particular introduced himself randomly one day on his way out to lunch. He is a good-looking guy and I was flattered that he would stop and shake hands. Since then I never talked to him, but I always smiled and said hello, good morning, or whatever I felt like at the moment. Sometimes he would notice me and respond and sometimes he wouldn't. I've picked out the regulars in the office who will always look up at me and respond to my greeting. I've also picked out those who are pretty much guaranteed to not respond and avoid looking at me. (Why they do that? Probably because they can't stand looking at this nasty assty mole-hill of zit on my forehead... oh, I think I'm funny but I'm not. It's kind of pathetic when I actually stop and laugh out loud about something I just wrote.) Anyway, this guy was a puzzle to me because I could never figure out the pattern to why or why not he would greet me. I was especially puzzled because he had introduced himself and seemed so friendly at first. The other morning...I believe it was yesterday...I was watching the employees trickle in, smiling, and trying to appear as lovely and friendly as possible for the morning. I enthusiastically greeted the regular go-getters and warily greeted/watched the unconcerned folks. I noticed the certain gentleman coming in with a few others so I put on my smile and good morninged all of them. Only a couple of them responded and they left me confused. A few minutes later, the same gentleman ...or so I thought..., came through. Huh. He happily greeted me and I pretty much gave him a confused stare and fumbled good morning. This morning the same thing happened. What the deuce! And then it struck me and I had to keep myself from laughing out loud. (The lobby is super quiet so if I laughed it would sound extremely loud.) There are two of them. They aren't even the same guy, and the sad thing about the whole ordeal is that they don't even look the same. They might have similar hair colors, but I might even doubt that. The other sad thing is, I don't know which one introduced himself. You would think the friendly one, but I think it was the other. Who knows...maybe I'll figure it out one day if one of them ever stops to talk to me...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I mean, You're so beautiful!

Amadea said...

Just a by the by, for the record...I've figured out each of their names. Whoo! Go me!