Monday, January 7, 2008

Church is just not going to be the same...

I went to church by myself on Sunday. I decided to go to the University Ward since I fit in that age group and bla bla crap. Ok, I arrive and my sister's ward got out almost an hour ago yet they are all still there socializing and I'm think what the heck? Is my clock wrong? So I turn to a girl who is just standing there and I put on my friendly "I'm new" smile and ask her if the University Ward is meeting now. She says yes firmly I pause waiting for maybe a hello, welcome. But no. After a few seconds she walks away. By now I'm thinking great. What did I get myself into? I should just go to my sista's ward. I feel awkward and lonely then decide to hang up my coat. I disparately text my friend in Utah hoping she would respond then go and sit in the almost empty chapel. Sacrament meeting finally begins and I swear, I felt like I was in a High School ward. Every girl that bore her testimony sounded something on the lines of..."I'm like so glad to be back guys. I love you guys and like I would just like to ...etc." Honestly felt like holding a gun up to my head. And then after sacrament meeting one of the councilors says that everybody needs to walk across the room and find somebody they don't know too well and walk with them to Sunday School. That is an open invitation for awkwardity. I tried to hide in my corner but it didn't work. Some guy came over and tried to be all casual and cool with the "Hey, have we met before?" And I always reply with my blunt no. I guess to sum it up, they are all nice but they are all young and act young. My sister said I can always go to church with her but I might just stick with this oddball ward because then I will socialize better. Who knows, maybe they aren't as crazy as I have determined them to be...

No comments: