Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Ponies! (as promised.)
Way back when, either over Christmas break or at the beginning of the semester, I was browsing the do-it-yourself section of a favorite blog (Design Sponge ---> http://www.designspongeonline.com/2009/05/diy-project-cardboard-stampede-w-ann-wood.html) and I found this awesome project on making a cardboard stampede. Of course I had to do it. I tried downloading the stencil, it wouldn't work, so I made my own. My roommate/friend, Jeannette and I spent hours and hours tracing and cutting out ponies. We finally found a system that worked efficiently. She would trace and I would cut out. I did end up with a hefty callous on my finger, though. Haha! The things you'll give for pony friends! Occasionally we would take a break from cutting and tracing to paint and assemble. This was the fun part and it was easy to recruit roommates and friends to help us out. Once we figured we had enough to make a herd we glued them to hemp string and hung them on the wall. Then we made more and more until we were satisfied with a stampede. For the next few weeks we would sit in the living room and just stare at our pony wall admiring our work. We even named most of them and gave them personalities. Our next game was to pick out which would be the favorites of our friends. Then when a friend would come over we would ask them which one is their favorite and see how close we were. :) Rarely did we get one right. I included pictures of the wall and then some close-ups of the favorites/my favorites.







Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
wow- what a great world you live in!!! I love them all, but I'm going to have to go with the sunray twilight pony because I would look so good riding it in my gold pants and rockstar outfit from my 30th bday.
favorites:
(as if I could pick just one)
zebracorn
texmex
lepre-pony-caun (white with green hairs)
electric kick (the one right in front of david bowie pony)
Post a Comment