We made it into Guitars Unplugged!
So I was at Music Outlet on Monday and my friend, Jeannette, said to me that she would accompany with a kazoo. So I said let's do it next week. Then I said, no... let's try out for Guitars Unplugged. So I went to sign up and there were literally no slots left. So after hanging around the table about with a sad, lingering face I finally was able to squeeze us in that day at 9:10pm (this is Tuesday now). At 5pm I gathered my partners in crime, Jeannette and Kellie, and we started throwing out song ideas. We really wanted to do a cover, but I put out an original that Kellie and I wrote together and it just clicked, plus we already know it really well and it's fun! So we started hammering out a kazoo part for it. That's right. Kazoo. I only have two kazoos so after we got it all figured out we ran down to the music store and got one more. Then we called two more roomies up and taught them the kazoo part as well. And that's it. Me on my guitar, singing. Kellie on the tambourine, also singing. And Jeannette, April, and Miriam on the kazoos, snapping. The song is called 500 Times.
We need a band name, so please shoot out some ideas!
3 comments:
Out the Wazoo
Turf
LK JAM
LuK JAM
JAM LiK
Shoot
Pocky Time
jam lickers (just kidding..)
uh...excuse me...what happened to Laura and the luscious locks?!? they don't have to be dudes
How about the Kazookoos? I think it has a great ring...(you could also have bells...)
ps...CONGRATS! You are awesome!
Post a Comment