or tire.
You see, my friend Seth helped me get my bike out of storage Monday morning. It was my third and fourth attempt (we had to go twice) at getting into my storage unit. [one of the girls I was sharing it with got her stuff out early but had to change the lock and didn't tell me bla bla bla]. Anyway, he even took me to the gas station to fill the tire up with air. I was really excited so as soon as he dropped us off I hopped on and rode Wanda to work. Once I was almost to the Hart (maybe half way), I thought I was riding to my death. This is also when I started wishing I had chosen to get a bike with gears. But I pushed on.
Unfortunately, by then I could see my tire was already going flat and the wind was blowing extremely hard against me AND it was starting to turn uphill. Slowly but surely. And that's how I kept peddling.
Slowly but surely.
About the point where I turn to go really uphill (maybe three quarters the way) I gave up and walked the rest of the way. My legs were very weak and jiggly so that was also a difficult thing to do. Once I made it to my building I found the bike rack and wend to work. I was definitely looking forward to the downhill cruise on the way home.
When 5 O'Clock rolled around I cheerfully unlocked Wanda. I checked the air in the tire and I could see it was flat but I was hope, just hoping it would be fine enough to make it home. I pushed her across the lawn to sidewalk, got on, and let gravity pull.
It didn't sound good. I looked down to see the tire so flat it looked like a limp noodle, flopping from side to side. I let out a huge sigh, got off and pushed my bike all the way home. I felt a little silly pushing my bike, especially since it was all downhill, so I called Mum and made her talk to me the entire way. ;)
1 comment:
I enjoyed the visit :) Did you replace the tube?
Post a Comment