Sunday, June 19, 2011

Summer Checkup.

1. Internship ... CHECK!
I finished my last day this past Friday. I worked for Parmer's Fine Furniture and Design. It was a great experience and I'm happy to have it out of the way. Everyone who works there was super friendly and helpful, sharing as much information as they could.

2. Raise a Garden ...
It's a work in progress. My sunflowers are lush and so are the tomatoes. We've been harvesting strawberries for at least a month now. I still need to plant basil. That's a must.

3. Write music ...
eh ... I finished one song that I started last semester. I'm hoping since I'm done with my internship I'll have more time and inspiration to write more music.

4. Crochet Project ... CHECK!
I crocheted a tie for pops for Father's Day. I think it's cool, but I can't tell if he thinks it's cool ... there's something about crocheting for men. You can never tell what they really think about it.

5. Sewing Project ...
Nada yet. Ooh, mum and I are sewing some shades for Humberto's room. More details on that to come!

6. Tie-Dying ...

7. Raising Alpacas ...
Leslie came and visited us for Mum's birthday and she showed us millions of pictures of alpacas so I think that counts.

8. Clean mum's room ... CHECK (ish).
Cleaning rooms is one of the impossibles. Everytime you go in there, there's something new that needs to be cleaned or sorted. But we got through the nasty part so I'm counting that as success.

9. becoming a motivational speaker and inspiring mom to clean her room ...
You'll have to ask mum about that.

10. some kind of dance ... CHECK!
I taught Steven how to dance to fast music and in exchange he taught me how to gangster dance.

11. read the classics ...
I have Through the Looking Glass on my shelf. It'll come up when it's too hot to move anything but my finger to turn the page.

12. memorize poetry ...
oh dear. I have a hard time memorizing anything. I don't know if I'll get to this one.

13. get good at meal planning and expand cooking skills ...
We have Breakfast Thursdays and Pizza Fridays.

14. become an expert on some kind of wildlife by reading encyclopedias in the library ...

15. visit old people (this is really fun-an easy place to start is befriending old people in your ward) ... CHECK!
I hang out with Grandmom all the time. I give her concerts and we lounge around together.

16. take up photography so you can join leslie's and my photography club ...
I've been going up and down on this one. I just want a nice camera that makes my pictures look crisp and cool. Lately I've been leaning towards becoming active about it.

17. start a club ...
I need to start contemplating this one.

18. perfect vegetarian chili ...
YES! Once the tomatoes are ripe and I have fresh vegetables from the garden, I will start my conquest.

19. Bake Artisan Bread ...
Sourdough is on the schedule for this week. I'm a little nervous.


***sorry there aren't any pictures. I'll work on that ... ***

2 comments:

eebs said...

You're making some nice progress, fundamentally speaking. Good work! I think renovating two rooms at your mom's house should definitely also count for something! as well as rekindling an old spark *wink wink*

I feel like summer has only just started here. Time for me to make my own list!

yours truly said...

wow! June's not even over and you're already blazing through your list!
12. you memorize all your songs, so you must be ok at that. now you just have to choose a poem.
I love #10.
4. Dad like the tie enough to tell me about it. ;)
16. I hear you think photography is dull, but maybe if you try doing it yourself you will like it more! So come on and try! I broke my little camera, so I need to replace it. I don't treat my big camera well enough and it's kind of dusty and sad.

Good work with the list! Keep it up!