There was some successful celebratin' this year! I thought I'd just go through each of my celebrations and explain a little what it is:
1. Rabbit Sticks Bonfire- Rabbit Sticks is a primitive living conference held out here in Rexburg and I went with some friends to the bonfire and celebrated by dancing around the fire.
2. ABBA Mania- Tribute concert to ABBA. They looked like ABBA, they sounded like ABBA, it might as well have been ABBA!
3. Late Night Denny's Run- I went with my ID friends down to Idaho Falls at 1 AM to eat Denny's. I got banana french toast with a caramel sauce and it was actually quite delicious.
4. Asian Dinner- I decided that it would be fun to make curry (my favorite!) in my rice bowls with chopsticks, and to wrap sheets around our bodies like kimonos. (We took pictures of this, but they weren't on my camera so I'll post one or two as soon as I find them ;)
5. Project Runway- yes, I watched an episode of project runway. The one with the bride'a maid dresses to be exact.
6. Midnight Toast- At exactly midnight all my roommates who were home and awake and I toasted my birthday with water. Everyone had shot glasses and I had a cocktail glass. The toast sounded like "Hapoohweoirhoiey ieytoweut awojt" and then I got tired of downing my water so I just let it go down the front of my shirt while I tried to drink it all up.
7. Grey Hair Count- That's exactly it. Two of my roommates sifted through my hair and counted all the greys. I have 15.
8. Bang Party- Leslie sent me awesome pictures of her birthday celebratory morning bangs!
9. Groceries from Mum- So, Friday or Saturday ... must have been Saturday, Mum calls me up and asks me how close I live to the grocery store. "Uh ... just a block." Then she asks if my roommates are home. By then I know she's up to something so I asked her what she wanted me to do. Then she asked if she could talk to my roommate, Miriam. They chatted for a while. I was dying to know why. And then I didn't find out until Sunday afternoon when Miriam and April (another roommate, both who are extremely awesome, just ask Becky) brought out three mini laundry-like baskets full of groceries!!! One was full of fruit, another full of breads and cakes, and the third goodness! And they brought out a cake. It was white with pink trim and purple hearts. So tender! Thanks MUM!
10. Miriam's Poem- Miriam read me a poem she wrote for me. It's really touching full of funny, tender moments we have share together.
11. Leslie & Erin's Phone Call- Yes, they called me, sang to me, and chatted with me about all beautiful things under the sun!
12. Dad's Phone Call- Dad called and wished me a happy birthday. We chatted ... a lot about what we were both having for dinner. It was close to dinner time for both of us. He was having waffles and I had ...
13. Dinner with the Nelson's (aka. Mabecka and Donovan)- VEGGIE LASAGNA! Home made and so good! I made it myself with lots of love. I just ate the last of the leftovers tonight. Oh so yummy! They brought a funfetti cake! :P
14. Tatoos- I wanted to get tatoos and stick them all over my body, but I ran out of time on Saturday to buy them so I pulled out markers and any of my friends who wanted to, draw on my body. Marina drew a purple flower on my wrist, Mabecka drew a red floral bodaciousness up my ankle, and Mike drew two trees, one on top of each of my feet.
15. Cake Fest- Lots of friends came over and sang happy birthday to me, we ate cake. I had three birthday cakes this year. The one Mum sent me, the Funfetti Mabecka made for me, and Miriam made me a chocolate chip mint ice cream cake. AHHH!!! SO DELICIOUS!
16. Purse from Cambra- My friend, Cambra, made me a purse! It's perfect.
17. Serenaded by Joe- Joe catered a song to me. It was great! I have a video so I'll post that for all to enjoy.
18. Swing Scream- I went to the park and swung on the swings as high as I could go. Once I felt like I was at the peak of my swinging I screamed "HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA!!!!!" I was suppose to say me, but it ended up coming out Laura.
19. Leaf Stompin'- On my way home from the park I stomped on all the crunchy leaves. It is definitely fall here. And I annihilated those leaves.
20. Stargazing- I also paused to lay in the grass and stare at the stars. BUT there were too many bright lights around causing glare and then a roommate texted to say she was locked out so that was cut short. I'm going to go again soon. I just love staring into the night sky. It clears my mind. I don't think about anything, I don't even look at anything really. I just stare.
21. Balloon Bash- So, randomly I decided we would have a balloon bash. I thought of a few fortunes, stuffed them in balloons, and blew them up. Then each person in my apartment chose one at random and we sat on them to pop them and discover what our fortunes would be. Oh man were they good!
22. Belly Dancing by April- She is good. Seriously! I've never seen anyone move their belly better than her!
23. Dance Party- We all put on our leggings and leotards and danced to the Beatles Birthday song. GOOD TIMES!!!!
Oh, such a memorable birthday!
5 comments:
boy, do you know how to celebrate and you sure are loved! happy 23rd!!
Wait... phone calls counted as a celebration? Sounds like you're stretching, to me... :-)
you didn't hear our phone call! ;P
wv: ouchadig
They were very neat phone calls, brother. Trust me, they count!
Those trees are so RAD.
Post a Comment