Saturday, November 21, 2009

First day of VACATION!

I was walking home from campus today and I went a different way then I normally do. As I was cutting through an empty parking lot I thought I was starting to go crazy. Everything me seemed kind of fuzzy with white specks racing through the air. I literally stopped and stared and then I realized it was starting to snow and it just hadn't reached me yet. I instantly wanted to turn around and run the other way. See how long I could outrun the snow. But I didn't. Instead I stood there and embraced myself as a hard wave of pebbly snow hit me. I continued walking through the parking lot.
Rexburg is a windy town. Always was, always will be.
It is extremely windy today. (what a surprise). And the snow that was coming down is really light. Anyway, the wind is just sweeping this snow across the parking lot towards me. It's coming fast and there's a lot of it. When it reached me I just skipped over it, like you skip over the waves at the ocean. It actually worked! None of the snow hit me legs.
By the time I got home my entire face was numb. Never question yourself ... always wear a scarf and hat in Rexburg.

1 comment:

yours truly said...

I wish you had turned around and seen how long you could out run it. I wonder where you would have ended up! neat story, you neat-head. way to use your wave jumping talents.